Sunday, March 18, 2012

Fresh Raspberry Purée & Blueberry Preserve Mascarpone Macarons





❤ Homemade Fresh Raspberry Puree Mascarpone Filling Macarons

Puree was made from fresh raspberries by boiling them with lemon juice and sugar. The reason I chose Mascarpone cheese was because it's low-fat and not as sweet as the swiss meringue buttercream.

This macaron shells were made using Italian Meringue method which sugar has to be boiled to reach a certain stage before it could be mixed with the meringue. This was my first attempt with this approach. It was a little messy and took longer time but the shell surface is shinier than the French Meringue approach. I also noticed this chewy layer right before the bottom of the shells when I bit into it. I wonder if this texture was achieved because of this method.

❤ Homemade Blueberry Jam Mascarpone Filling Macarons

The Wild Blueberry Preserve was too sweet by itself so I decided to mix some with the mascarpone cheese to produce less sweet taste. The macaron shells are not as hollow now (great improvement!) but the shells were baked too long and caused the outside to discolor a bit.

This was done using French Meringue method which I've been using for awhile but produced hollow shell. I did some adjustment to the firmness of the meringue and made sure the temperature of the oven was accurate. This time I could produce really nice shell (less hollow now!) with this approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment